WE NEED TO STAND UP AND TAKE ACTION NOW!
Congress may eliminate Mortgage Interest Deduction to avoid Fiscal Cliff
Updated: Thursday, November 29 2012, 10:22 AM EST ( From CBS News)
Please go to the link below: Type in your zip code and write a brief summary of why the mortgage interest deduction needs to stay in place.
You can even cut and past the example:
Dear Congressman/Congresswoman,I am writing you to tell you how important the home owners interest deduction is to the millions of responsible people who own homes in America. If you eliminate or modify the home interest deduction, it will not only hurt each individual home owner, but damage the economic recovery for all of America. The mortgage interest deduction makes a substantial difference for homeowners all over America. Eliminating the mortgage interest deduction would have immediate and dire consequences. It would slam the brakes on America’s economic recovery by changing the fundamental economics of homeownership for more than 75 million Americans and slow or even reverse recent home price gains.
What you can do to help:
Call Congress. First and foremost, we are urging the public to get involved by calling Congress to ask that the mortgage interest deduction be preserved. The public may reach Congress by calling 202-224-3121. The Capitol switchboard operator will help callers identify their member of Congress and connect them.
The public can reach Congress by calling (202) 224-3121
Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Eastern Time.
Get the word out. Many people seem to be blissfully unaware that their mortgage interest deduction is in danger. Please do the following to make sure that the message spreads.
1. Forward this message to your family, friends and clients.
2. Post this information on your personal and office websites and blogs.
3. Share this information on Facebook and urge others to share it as well.
4. Tweet about it on Twitter and urge others to retweet. Use the hashtag: #keepthemid.
5. Link to the following web page: www.KeepTheMID.com . This site has information about contacting Congress, more information on the MID and links to articles.
6. As you see new information and articles, share these on all your social networking sites.
If you’re a REALTOR®, please go to the REALTOR® call for action page.